ICFE eNEWS #16-04 - February 4th 2016
AMERICA SAVES and MILITARY SAVES WEEK -
February 22-27, 2016
Promoting automatic savings to help people
reach their savings goals
As part of America Saves Week and Military Saves Week, scheduled
for February 22 - 27, 2016 , the ICFE is spreading the saving message
and urging its community of certificants to encourage people to
make savings automatic as part of America Saves Week. And Military
Saves Week. It is a great opportunity to help people in our community
to set a goal, make a plan, and save automatically," says the
The ICFE's 14 tips to help anyone and everyone improve
their spending practices and increase their savings accumulation.
Do you hear 'spend, spend, spend' when your money talks? Consumers
who do, may later discover themselves in a nightmare of debt instead
of living the American dream, says the ICFE who is helping consumers
become better spenders, regular savers and wise users of credit.
The ICFE offers the following tips to help consumers improve
their spending practices:
- Create a plan of action to make the necessary changes.
- Construct a cash-flow sheet showing income and outgo.
- Set up and implement a monthly spending-plan.
- Discontinue all use of credit cards.
- Collect cash purchase receipts.
- Review insurance coverages for duplication.
- Begin saving one dollar-a-day and all pocket change, every
- Seek lower cost alternatives to spending, such as rentals,
- Utilizing cents-off coupons and mail in for rebates.
- Wait for the sales. Comparison shopping can save more than
- Take advantage of seconds, rebuilt and used items where
- Start doing things for yourself that others were paid to
- Have meetings on improving spending with family members.
- Separate shopping trips (when comparing prices, value, reparability,
etc.) from spending trips (when actually making the purchase).
Avoid carrying credit cards, much cash or a checkbook on the
People whose spending may need a little mending in order to come
within suggested budget and expense guidelines, often discover they
are paying too much for things because they fail to comparison shop.
That, like borrowing to meet regular expenses, is another form of
It is everyday spending decisions, and especially
credit based spending decisions, that will cause severe erosion
of one's financial future.
For information about "Mending
Spending," monthly budgeting guidelines, visit the
ICFE's Web page.
The site also includes a helpful section
to set up and implement a spending-plan" (with a one page
work sheet) for personal and/or family finances.
Saves Week is coordinated by America Saves and the America Savings
Education Council. Military Saves Week is coordinated by The Military
Saves Team. Contact email@example.com.